You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly (Truimphantly)
by his victory over them on the cross.
Col 2 v 13-15
The victory to spiritual warfare depends on who fights for you and what has already been won for you by Jesus Christ’s blood sacrifice on the cross.
The word triumphant one or Truimph signifies a total complete public victory. In Ancient Roman generals were made triumvir after a conquest,they would enter a city on a white horse and behind them they would parade the evidence of thier conquest (slaves,stock of exotic animals treasures captured etc trophies of war) all around and crowds gathered and cheered it was a spectacle.
In this same manner out Lord Christ Jesus paraded around the heavinilies having beaten, disarmed principalities and powers, not in secret but publicly. In this Jesus took care of the sin issue past present and future, all sin.
To really get this we must understand a few realities, not hope for, or wish for, we must know that these things are a reality.
- All sins are forgiven in Christ: So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus Rom 8 v 1,Satan’s major weapon is guilt, if he can keep you condemned, you cannot serve God properly and in fact condemnation will keep you away from God (on your part). Many are ashamed of theirs sins that they ultimately stay away from the love of God. Sin is static to your communion with God and should be confessed and repented from, but it should not keep you away from an omniscient God. Do you think he doesn’t know what you have done?
- The blood of Jesus abolished the law of Moses : we are under grace now, Jesus said in Matt 5 v 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” Now notice grace doesnot empower you to sin or throw away obedience to God. It is unmerited favour to you through the mercy of God. Grace is taken to extreme at times and abused, you shouldn’t throw out the word of God, this is not the purporse of it, it should empower you to live a victorious godly life in service to God.
- Righteousness is in Christ Jesus: please you have to get this; grace in salvation through faith grants you righteousness ( ie right standing with God) for the forgiveness of your sins. No one on earth, not one is righteous. Yours good works, deeds are filthness in the eyes of God. It took the blood sacrifice of Jesus to gain you audience with God. When Father looks at you he sees you through his Son Jesus Christ. Not us not our works, he sees his sinless perfect son.
- The authority of the name of Jesus : I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10 v 19. You need to understand the power you hold as believer of Christ to wield his name and use it. However this requires a personal relationship with the Lord and obedience to his word, ” if you love me keep my commandments” john 14 v 15 otherwise the name will not work for you ; acts 19 v 14, seven sons of Sceva tried to exorcise a demon using the name of Jesus but they got beaten up instead by one demonised man, he also stripped them naked, so tread carefully. As a Holy Spirit filled believer of Christ all authority and/ power has been given to you to use his name the name above all names.
- The power of Christ : And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son, John 14 v 13, notice if you are using the name of Jesus, you personally do nothing apart from believing possibly laying of hands. The deliverance, healing, miracles and the warfare is done by Jesus himself given by the Father, through the power of the Holy Spirit and the glory is for the Father not for you. The exciting thing is you have right to use that name. He won and prevailed nailed all principalities and powers to the cross, the dominion is his forever and ever.
In the structure of heavens the only kingdom that has Dominion is the kingdom of God.
The god of this world however will still oppose us in this, this is why it is crucial to understand and work/ operate within the paramiters and boundaries that The Lord sets for us. We don’t do the battle actively perse, the agents of a God do that (angels) but we do have our part; prayer, praise & worship, proclamation (preaching), testimony of the blood of Christ, the armour of God, pulling down strongholds.
A picture of Jesus Christ (not limited to)
- the scroll opener : And I saw a strong angel, who shouted with a loud voice: “Who is worthy to break the seals on this scroll and open it?” Rev 5 v 2 only he is worthy to open the seven seals in the end times
- Lamb of God: john 1 v 29 and 36, he is the only perfect spotless sacrifice, very gentle in nature.
- High priest/advocate : Heb 4 v 15 “This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.” He is our defence lawyer from the accuser of the brethren. Confession and repenting activates the priesthood of Jesus’ ministry towards us, failure to repent he cannot intercede for us.
- Fierce Warrior on a horse : His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself.He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God.The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses.From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress Rev 19 v 12-15 he is the warrior.
- Jesus The Lord of Lords the King of Kings : mark 16 v 19, Rom 8 v 34, acts 7 v 55, col 3 v 1, the position of Jesus is at the right hand of the throne of God. The highest position in all of creation. And only kings and Lords sit on thrones so he is King and Lord Jesus he deserves and has earned your praise.
The blood of Jesus is good for
- Forgiveness of sin
- Release from curse
No grace but for the blood of Jesus,your victory to spiritual warfare is in The Lord Jesus the triumphant one against all principalities and powers.